Monday, June 30, 2008

Embedding?

I'm running into technical problems with Blogger at times, probably because I'm used to other blog formats. Oh well. So this post is an attempt at embedding a video from YouTube. I suppose, if you're reading this, that you already know whether it worked or not. I don't yet, hence the rambling. Here's my attempt:



The problem I've had with links is that blogger messes with the html. It sticks in extra quotation marks and its own website in weird places, even when I'm on the "Edit HTML" tab. And I've not yet been successful in embedding anything.

Oh, and on a side note (ha ha!), I've added a little poll for the next few days. Go ahead, answer -- everyone has an opinion, I'm sure. :-)


ETA: Yay, it worked! Who knows what the issue was before. At any rate, this clip is the "Cell Phone Symphony"... I sure hope no one thinks to do it at the library.

6 comments:

Happier Blue said...

Kudos for the adventurous experiments with embedding! The good news is that the fun clip from YouTube played fine--but the bad news is that I got an error message every time I tried to vote in your poll. Just wanted you to know that we're not ignoring it. :) (PS I vote for mysteries)

A. L. said...

That's odd about the poll... I just tried it out (not logged in) and it worked fine. Would you try it both logged in and not, see if there's a difference?

Happier Blue said...

Yay! Tonight I was able to vote in the poll, using the very computer that kept giving me error messages yesterday. I voted without logging in. One major thing I'm learning from the Exploration exercises is that if at first you don't succeed, it's worth trying again. For instance, I've gotten errors from both Twitter and Blogsline that were temporal things rather than permanent road blocks.

Happier Blue said...

Me again! For the sake of the experiment I just tried to vote while logged in, but the program was smart enough to know that I had already voted. The only option that displayed was "change your vote", which it did allow me to do. Then I changed it back again.

A. L. said...

Aha, it seems to allow one vote per IP address, as it allowed me to vote from home. *evil laugh*

Meerkatdon said...

I know what you mean about blogger messing with your HTML. I think blogger is happier when users just keep out of the way and let it handle the formatting. Just...sometimes blogger and I disagree.

I don't mind it when the machines are smarter than me -- I just mind it when they think they're smarter than me, without actually being smarter.